try clicking on a pic to open full size version

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grass Script

One of the classical styles of Chinese calligraphy is called grass script. I have pretty much no skills when it comes to handwriting or painting etc. So this is my take on the art form

An: Peace


Ai: Love


Le: Happiness


Chan
More commonly know by its Japanese pronunciation: Zen.
History and cultural difference make this character difficult to translate,
but an old Chinese guy once told me that it has to do with
always looking at things calmly with a mind to avoid stress and contention.

I think it's a good one.

3 comments:

  1. I like it, not your typical photos, or at least not my typical photos as i dont know what they mean. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your grass script and especially the meaning of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This is an awesome collection of talent! We miss you Sherwoods - come back home! -- Paige Ladd

    ReplyDelete