try clicking on a pic to open full size version

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The last of my cowboy kick

One more variation using artistic/sketch filters on the background layer while leaving the separated cowboy foreground layer relatively untouched. (Photoshop elements)



The (cropped) originals I started with.


Kind of an interesting story. I was just leaving antelope island driving across the causeway back to town and this huge herd of cattle was being led down the way by these real classic looking cowboys, the one in white is a for real Marlboro man (look close he's even got a dwindling cigarette in his fingers). I was stuck for a good extra 40 minutes on that 7 mile causeway (which ended up making me very late for a church meeting).
Classic as even Utah is, I don't think that is something you see every day. On my way out to the island several hours earlier I had seen these groups of miraged figures that I thought could have been men, animals or trees way out on the lake bed towards one of the smaller islands. I also saw 3 guys and a couple dogs trudging across the lake bed that day.
I figure some old rancher had a herd of cattle out there, and he finally decided to take advantage of the extreme low water and bring his cattle back to the mainland.
What ever it was it was pretty cool....that place never did cease to amaze me.

1 comment:

  1. i always thought you were a cowboy at heart..... very cool pics.

    ReplyDelete