try clicking on a pic to open full size version

Monday, April 4, 2011

Family Portrait Session

I recently obtained a master flash(580), and two slaves(430). I am doing some studying for Dad to learn how they work together and separately.

I recruited several families in our ward to practice different techniques on, and I had my first photo shoot on Saturday.

These were taken in downtown Columbus. I had on my new portrait lens and the master flash, with a cover on it. (to expand the light of the flash and make it wider).

Introducing
The Park Family






















Thanks to the Parks for being so patient with my practicing, and for being such gorgeous and cooperative models! Ya'll are fantastic!

And thanks Mike and Dad for your last minute advice! I appreciate it!

I have a lot to learn about angles, and groupings, and taking charge of placement.... and much more. I am starting to understand location and lighting a bit better. 

3 comments:

  1. Tia Here: Jessi these look really great. I'm super impressed. The family looks like they were a ton of fun to shoot. Your location is really cool. The poses look nice, the girls are adorable. Your post-processing looks classic. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics look great!! I also think the classic look of the ones with muted colors look really good! Did you use photoshop or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessie!!! I love to come over and peek at the blog sometimes. You all are such great photographers. I totally give you props for shooting such a large group. I think their poses and the levels were great. My only suggestion would be in your shooting/editing to crop out some of the cement stairs with the dad and son and the following one of all girls and get closer of the models. You did fantastic though! Curious as to what your settings were and what kind of a portrait lens you got. I'm ready to buy a portrait lens and am indecisive between a 85mm at 1.8f or a 50mm at 1.4f....Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete