try clicking on a pic to open full size version

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Dinosaur National Monument



 I think this is one of my favorite petroglyphs I have seen


 This one has remnants of a flute player that looked very much like the kokopelli


This lizard ones were pretty cool too






The petroglyphs, river, rocks and landscapes were all breathtaking, but this is the main attraction (and rightly so). This now-museum-encased hillside contains hundreds of fossils of huge, real dinosaur bones left exactly as they were when first uncovered several decades ago. This was one of the biggest dinosaur fossil finds in the world and the only one whose entire inventory was not removed and shipped to museums elsewhere. Well worth the trip, just for this (not to mention all the other beautiful stuff).




1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, I've always wanted to go there. I'm so glad you and Isaac got to go!

    ReplyDelete