try clicking on a pic to open full size version

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

If I built one.....

...it might look like this:

finally figured a way to make the berm....



Google sketch-up isn't the greatest, but it's kind of fun to play around with. At least it gives you a feel for real flow and scale in the application of an idea. 




I left out sky-lights and some other key components of the idea,  and a few things aren't strait. Spaces in the back of most rooms are closets/storage etc. the structure in the back is garage and storage...little courtyard in back w/ window to master was my idea, figured it would be nice in summer to have some airflow strait thru from the north. Other than that its a pretty basic 3 bed 2 bath earthship design, w greenhouse that can separate from house by sliding doors (the open spaces in my sketch-up) and large curtained interior windows.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool sam, i should try this google sketch up out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. One thing I don't like about ours is these two goofy rooms with four steps down in the back. They seem very cave like and are colder. Yours would work well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you ever followed through to build yours, but it's a fun design exercise either way. I like how you did your design on sketchup. I have been trying to come up with a modern/contemporary style version of an earthship. Have a design mostly complete on paper. Thinking about which software to use to do a digital drawing (was leaning toward a home design software for ease of use,) but don't know if they will be versatile enough to do more than interior layout.

    ReplyDelete