try clicking on a pic to open full size version

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Aperture Priority

Well hello there. Now that Charlie is older and I am finally getting around to feeling like myself- I have started taking more pictures again.

I decided to be brave enough to TRY to shoot in aperture priority for the first time and I learned a lot of things.... like...


1.) getting ISO, Shutter speed and Aperture to balance perfectly is hard. Especially while chasing a 1 year old around. It made for some interesting color pallets though.

 i.e; Charlie's hair is not actually this red. And I am pretty sure his cast isn't that dirty looking.




 2.) Too Much Light is great for a colorful background, but not for white skinned toddlers. (maybe his cast is that dirty....)

3.) If you wiggle around too fast near the Halloween decorations, you turn into a ghost. (Who would of  thought?) 


4.) Grasshoppers hold much more still than a child. Unless that child is chasing it.... in this case the child beat him in speed anyway. (infact tanner has claimed himself the bug king. There are tons of grasshoppers and two praying mantis in there... we will see how many hoppers the mantis' eat) 


 5.) Check your settings. In this case of the lunar eclipse I didn't check the ISO, which was unfortunately turned up  to 1600. ( I realized this after I loaded them to the computer and saw the graininess. I had even been warned of this by mike...)  But it was still fun to catch the lunar eclipse.




6.) I am going to have to work and play a lot more to get an image as crisp and clean as I would like.

but...

7.) Its nice to be back in the saddle again.


No comments:

Post a Comment