try clicking on a pic to open full size version

Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Learning Continues

I took some maternity pictures for a good friend of mine - I decided to try for aperture priority. I think they turned out fine. I learned a lot, and hopefully can improve in the future. Its hard to think fast about lighting and all the different camera settings, while people are waiting on you and children are getting tired of taking pictures and ready for their target ICEE as promised. But its so fun, and these kids (and mom) handled me well!

 Composition and people interaction are definitely my favorite parts of taking pictures. No to do more learning....













My friend wanted everything in black and white, and has requested that pictures of her not go viral, but has approved me to show you these. ( I would love suggestions for further improvement... i know that their is lots to be had)


1 comment:

  1. So I just posted a long comment, and it didn't save it. not sure why. basically it said these pics are great and you are really getting the hang of the aperture priority and you are very good at directing people for portraits. Advice: pay attention to the backgrounds, how far things are and how they will look blurred. I really like bokeh and shooting with a portrait lens, but I actually think shooting in color makes bokeh look more dramatic. and which portrait lens are you using these days?

    ReplyDelete