try clicking on a pic to open full size version

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Smoke

So I tried something I have seen on the pentax photo gallery, that is photographing smoke. I pulled out some old incense and took some pictures with a black cloth behind it. I shot using my external flash behind and below the smoke so the light was pointed up and away from the backdrop. This allowed the smoke to be exposed, while letting the background go to mostly black. The blue color is due to the white balance I set my camera to, it can be adjusted to nearly any color. I took about 150 pictures, with about half of them turning out okay, but these are the ones I kept.
Looks kind of like a flower

Thought it looked like an abstract dancer






I thought this one looked like a womans head and shoulders with her hair going everwhere

2 comments:

  1. The second one is definitely my favorite cool technique miguel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. geeze. that explanation went over my head. someday you can Tudor me when we all live close together. you are incredible. the sky is the limit and your about to touch it. goodness gracious!

    ReplyDelete